Douglas Farrington is the Partner-in-Charge of the Firm's Boston office and a member of its National Alternative Investment, Construction, and Healthcare industry groups as well as its State and Local Tax Practice Group. Mr. Farrington has more than 25 years of experience providing insight and solving problems for a range of clients across industries including financial services, construction, professional services, manufacturing, healthcare, not-for-profit and hospitality. He has extensive experience working with public companies for federal and state income tax compliance requirements and financial reporting related to income taxes including FAS 109 and FIN 48 analyses.
Mr. Farrington regularly consults with public and non-public companies on a variety of federal, state and local planning matters. He advises professional staff on technical tax matters.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- The Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CSCPA)
- Catholic Charities of Boston, Board of Trustees
- The Marino Foundation for Integrative Medicine, Board Member
- Links to College Foundation, Inc., President
- Notre Dame Academy, Advancement Committee
- Graduate School of Professional Accountancy, Northeastern University, Advisory Board
- New Rules Bring the Importance of Planning to the Forefront, Journal of Construction Accounting and Taxation, September/October 2011
- Taxation of Long-Term Contracts, CSCPA Construction Conference
Master of Science, Taxation
University of New Haven
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
University of Bridgeport
Job security is always relative, depending on the industry and the state of the economy. Although few sectors have seen anything close to stability during ....
Employment in the state's financial sector continued to slump in 2012, and some in the industry doubt the number of jobs will ever return to ....
New York accounting firm Marcum LLP has merged local firm Parent, McLaughlin & Nagle CPAs Inc. into its Boston office.
The highlight of my career was when I was presented with the opportunity to head up the Boston office for Marcum. Boston is a great ....
Tax season is high time for almost all main street CPA firms. It is the most productive time of the year. Gearing up for tax ....