Elizabeth Mullen is a Partner in the Tax Department of the Firm's New York City office. She has more than 25 years of tax experience with specific expertise in corporate tax planning for international, federal, state and local issues.
Ms. Mullen assists clients with services involving accounting for income taxes, mergers and acquisitions, consolidated returns, transfer pricing, tax controversy, executive compensation and bankruptcy. She works in numerous industries including financial services, luxury retail and consumer products.
Prior to joining Marcum in 2007, Ms. Mullen worked in the private sector as the Vice President of Tax for an international luxury goods group. Previously she was a tax executive at a multinational consumer products company. Ms. Mullen also worked in "Big 4" public accounting firms for 12 years. Her background includes acquisition planning and negotiations, audit resolutions and consulting for investment banks, corporations, partnerships, and individuals.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of CPA's (NYSSCPA)
- The Transfer Pricing Audit Roadmap, Marcum Beyond the Numbers, January 2016
- Schedule UTP, Uncertain Tax Positions Statement: Marcum SEC Insights, March 2011
- The Work Product Doctrine - How Does It Apply To Accounting Work Papers After Taxation, New York City Bar Association, May 27, 2010
- Recoverability of Equity Based Compensation Deferred Tax Assets, Journal of Taxation, January 2009
In February 2014, the Transfer Pricing Operations (“TPO”) of the Large Business and International (“LB&I”) division of Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) released the Transfer Pricing ....