Ilan Hirschfeld is Partner-in-Charge of the Firm's Neptune, New Jersey office and serves as the National Leader for its Marital Dissolution Practice group. He has more than 35 years experience in both public and private accounting. As a key member of the Firm's Forensics Practice group, Mr. Hirschfeld provides creative litigation support strategies for trial and/or settlements throughout New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. Mr. Hirschfeld and his group focus on commercial litigation and matrimonial matters as well as other business litigation and valuation related assignments.
Mr. Hirschfeld frequently lectures on topics concerning litigation support accounting, business valuations and matrimonial accounting. He participates on numerous industry conference panels, teaches continuing legal education courses and recently was Adjunct Professor of Accounting at William Paterson University's graduate school of business. Mr. Hirschfeld has served as a mediator in both matrimonial and commercial litigation matters. Additionally, he is often court appointed on many cases and called upon for expert testimony for litigation matters.
Mr. Hirschfeld joined the Firm's forerunner in 2003. Previously, he was the Executive Vice President for a national cosmetic surgery and dermatology practice and was the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer of a publicly-traded vitamin manufacturing company. Earlier in his career, Mr. Hirschfeld was a Partner at a regional New York accounting practice and began his profession at a “Big Four” firm.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) 1974-1979
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA),
- Business Valuation Committee, Past Chairman
- Valuation Services Interest Group, Past Chairman
- Matrimonial Committee
- Litigation Support Services Committee
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA),
- Business Valuation Committee
- Quebec Order of Chartered Accountants 1974-1979
- Accountants Panel & Judicial Roundtable: Understanding the Financial Aspects of Divorce, Family Law Summer Institute Meeting, July 2016
- Subjective Components of Business Valuations, Middlesex County Bar Association, Annual Family Law Meeting, Panelist, 2015
- Hot Tips in Family Law Matters, New Jersey Association For Justice Annual Convention, Panelist, 2015
- Featured in Bloomberg Terminal "Hamm's Hiland Worth Billions More to Kinder Than Court Value", 2015
- Summary of 2014 New Jersey Family Law Published Opinions, Court Rules and Statutes, Middlesex County Bar Association, Annual Family Law Meeting, Panelist, 2015
- Providing Earning Capacity of Spouses using a Vocational Expert and Forensic Accountant, 2014
- Featured in Reuters "Special Report in Oil Baron's Divorce Company Lawyer Plays Star Role," 2014
- Hot Tips in Family Law Matters, New Jersey State Bar Association Mid Year Meeting, Panelist, 2014
Masters of Business Administration, Finance
The University of Western Ontario
Bachelor of Commerce
Sir George Williams University
NJSCPA List of Top Accountants, 2014
Accredited in Business Valuation
Certified in Financial Forensics
Canadian Chartered Accountant
August 01, 2016
Ilan Hirschfeld, partner-in charge of Marcum's New Jersey Advisory Services group, wrote about the subjective components of business valuations that every attorney should know, for New Jersey Law Journal.
While the family business is often a family’s most significant asset, it is also the most challenging to value.
There’s nothing like a nasty divorce to chip away at a family’s wealth. Trusts, of course, are the classic tool to protect assets from a ....
What a difference two months makes. On Nov. 10, an Oklahoma judge decreed that Harold Hamm's 62 percent stake in pipeline system Hiland Partners LP ....
Just how much of Harold Hamm's fortune was amassed through his skill and hard work?
During the divorce trial of oil baron Harold Hamm and wife Sue Ann, an unusual relationship took shape in the Oklahoma courtroom as the marriage ....
September 24, 2014
Ilan Hirschfeld, Partner-in-Charge of the New Jersey Offices, Quoted in Reuters Article, "U.S. Oil Baron Rewrites His Company's History; Move Could Stave Off Record Divorce Payout."
The divorce trial of one of America's wealthiest men, oil baron Harold Hamm, plays out mostly in secret here at the Oklahoma County Courthouse. For ....
The Mark Sanford divorce saga has gone back behind closed doors: After a surge of attention to the South Carolina congressman's rambling Facebook post on ....
September 12, 2014
Marcum Forensics Experts Make Inaugural NJSCPA List of Top Accountants
Two partners in Marcum LLP's New Jersey Advisory Practice were named to the inaugural list of top accounting practitioners by the New Jersey Society of ....
May 01, 2014
Article by Ilan Hirschfeld, Partner-in-Charge of the New Jersey Offices, and Lawrence Litt, Tax and Business Services Partner, "M&A Tax Considerations for Small- and Middle-Market Purchasers," Featured in New Jersey Business
What is going through the mind of a small- or middle-market company's C-level executive exploring how to grow his or her company through an acquisition? ....
If all goes well, we'll never hear much about Rupert and Wendi Murdoch's divorce. The News Corporation chief executive and his wife will reach a ....
The weather is getting warmer, flowers are blooming, the grass is growing and marriage season is once again upon us. While spring remains ....
Lying about money can ruin a relationship, but couples still do it all the time.