Larry Blum is a Senior Advisor at Marcum LLP. He assumed his current position in 2011, upon completion of the merger of MarcumRachlin (formerly known as Rachlin) with Marcum LLP. For more than 18 years, Mr. Blum served as Rachlin's Managing Partner, directing the firm's growth to its position as Florida's largest independent accounting and business advisory firm.
Mr. Blum's experience includes stratigic planning, mergers and acquisitions, domestic and international taxation, which he extends to an array of clients, including foreign investors‚ manufacturers, retailers, and real estate concerns. He also provides tax strategies to corporations, partnerships and individuals. Additionally he spends a great deal of time in the areas of estate planning and trusts.
As an experienced litigation advisor and respected member of the Florida Bar and the New York Bar‚ Mr. Blum has served as an expert witness on a broad range of issues‚ including business valuations, proof of damages, contract violations, fraud and defalcation, business interruption damages, bankruptcy, and matrimonial matters.
Mr. Blum has been a long-term member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Major Firms Group. He has also served as a member of "The Group 100", a national group formed by the AICPA to protect the public interest and position the accounting profession for the future.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)Subcommittee on International Taxation
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- The Florida Bar
- The New York Bar
- Rachlin Foundation
- I Have a Dream Foundation
- American Association of Attorney -Certified Public Accountants
- Peace for the Children Foundation - Board Member
- University of Miami, Graduate School of Business - Former Adjunct Professor
- South Florida Business Journal Top 100 Power Leader for 2011
- South Florida Business Journal 2007 Ultimate CEO Honoree
- Published in several tax and accounting industry publications
- Television appearance, Interpretation and Analysis of New Federal Tax Legislation
- "Commitment to Excellence," - Profile in Smart Business Miami (April 2007)
Manufacturing & Retail Companies
Partnerships & Individuals
Real Estate Companies
Master of Law, Taxation
New York University School of Law
Juris Doctor, Taxation
Brooklyn Law School
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
Long Island University
2013 Top CPA in Litigation Support, South Florida Legal Guide