Mark Agulnik serves as the Southeast IT Risk & Assurance Services Leader. Mr. Agulnik's practice includes overseeing SOC engagements, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, internal control and internal audit, risk assessments, data security regulations, internal and external vulnerability assessments and forensic audits. Mr. Agulnik's practice extends from conducting a gap analysis within a company's IT and security environment to assisting with remediation efforts to assist with compliance to various regulations/frameworks (including HIPAA, PCI, SOX, ISO 27001). In addition to technical IT and compliance engagements, Mr. Agulnik also oversees financial statement audits across several industries, including IT, healthcare, distribution, manufacturing and service industries.
Mr. Agulnik regularly instructs professional continuing education courses on IT, internal controls, cybersecurity, accounting and auditing matters. Mr. Agulnik previously worked as an internal auditor for a public company. There, he was significantly involved in compliance with the provisions of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Certified Information Security Assessor (CISA) certified by Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Qualified Security Assessor (PCI-QSA) certified by PCI Security Standards Council, LLC
- Children's Harbor, Inc. – Board of Directors and Audit Committee Member Nominating & Governance Committee, Chair (July 2013 to July 2016)
- Fighting Payment Fraud and Cyber Crime, Host and Moderator on September 2016
- Privacy in Perspective: PII & PHI Management, Webinar June 2016
- HIPAA Compliance - Privacy and Security Rules, Presented to FAU, June 2015
- SSAE16 and IT Security presentation to FICPA, February 2014
- FICPA Not-for-Profit Conference presenter on advanced topics, May 2013
- Sarbanes Oxley AS5 Audits Of Smaller Companies Teleconference
- Lorman Teleconference, "SAS 70 and SSAE 16: Basics, Rules and Stafford Teleconference Mastering SAS 70 Reports for Service Organizations" - June, 2010
Nova Southeastern University Law School
Master of Science, Accounting
Nova Southeastern University, School of Business and Entrepreneurship
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
On November 8, 2011, theSecurities and Exchange Commission (SEC) approved new amendments to the listing rules for reverse-merger companies (RMCs). A reverse merger occurs when ....
In May 2010, the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) sponsored a study, Fraudulent Financial Reporting: 1998-2007(the Study). The Study found that ....