Michael Feinstein is a Partner in the Los Angeles office of the Firm's Assurance Services group and is responsible for quality control systems applicable to all audits‚ accounting and consulting services‚ and performing engagement quality reviews of attest engagements.
Mr. Feinstein specializes in all aspects of SEC and non-SEC accounting matters with a focus on the implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements. Working closely with public and privately-held businesses‚ he has assisted clients with strategic planning‚ mergers and acquisitions‚ joint ventures‚ capital access‚ operations audits‚ special investigations and litigation consulting activities.
Mr. Feinstein's credentials include litigation consulting expertise‚ with an emphasis on complex business litigation‚ insolvency‚ business valuation‚ real estate and accountants, legal liability. As a Certified Valuation Analyst‚ he has conducted business valuations for bankruptcy matters‚ shareholder disputes‚ and mergers and acquisitions. In addition‚ Mr. Feinstein has performed real estate review appraisal services and is a Certified Fraud Examiner in all areas of employee dishonesty and white collar crime.
Mr. Feinstein has more than 40 years of public accounting experience with an extensive background implementing quality control systems for the activities of large national‚ regional and local accounting firms.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards Committee
- PCAOB Sub-committee, Chair
- Litigation Consulting and Dispute Resolution of Common Interest Section
- National Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA), Associate Member
- California State Polytechnic University, College of Business Administration,
- Accounting Advisory Council
- Alumni Advisory Committee
- An Introduction to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- A Case History: Lessons Learned in Implementing SOX-404 at an Accelerated Filer from the Auditor's Perspective
- Fraud: Guilt by Association
- Tracing Illicit Transactions
- Going Public in the United States: An Accountant's Perspective
- Fraudulent Conveyances: Hidden Issues in Business Transactions, the Solvency Analysis
- Selling Professional Services in a Recession Corporate Health Strategies
Bachelor of Science‚ Business Administration
California State Polytechnic University
Certified Valuation Analyst
Certified Fraud Examiner
Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
On Feb. 25, 2016, the Financial Accounting Standards Board issued its long-awaited standard on