J. Michael Silvia is a Partner in the Firm's Boston office and a member of its National Alternative Investment Industry group and is the Partner in Charge of the New England Alternative Industry Group. He has more than 19 years of audit and consulting experience working with public and private companies. His industry experience includes hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds, broker dealers, investment advisors, professional services companies and SEC registrants.
Mr. Silvia is the Partner-in-Charge of Assurance Services for the Firm's Massachusetts and Rhode Island offices. He is also a member of the Firm's Audit Efficiency Committee.
Mr. Silvia is involved with the Firm»s recruitment and training programs. He is a team leader for the recruitment of new audit personnel and instructs continuing professional education courses.
In addition to the years of public accounting experience, Mr. Silvia worked for a boutique accounting and consulting firm specializing in mergers and acquisitions and technical accounting services to private and public companies.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA) Alternative Investment Company Committee
- Courageous Sailing of Boston, Vice President, Board of Directors
- Help for Children, Northeast Committee of Hearts
- University of Massachusetts
- Alumni Association - Dartmouth
- Massachusetts Alumni Club
- Association for Corporate Growth, Boston Chapter
- Northeast Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants, Past Regional Director
- Low Tide Yacht Club of New Bedford Massachusetts, Past Treasurer
- Landmark Angels, Boston Forum, June 2015
- ASU 2011 - 04: New Financial Statement Reporting Requirements for Year-End Fund Audits, Marcum LLP Private Investment Forum, Winter 2013
- From Start to Finish, Alternative Investments, The 3PM Conference, April 2013
- Investors Push Hedge Fund Launches Higher, but Fees are Dropping, Boston Business Journal, June 2013
Confident investors pushed the number of hedge fund launches to its highest point in a year during the first quarter, and continued to push down ....