Morris Hollander, a Senior Advisor in the Firm's Assurance and Advisory Divisions, has more than 50 years of professional experience. Specializing in SEC services, he represents publicly held and private companies in a wide range of industries. He is one of the Firm's technical resource partners on professional practice matters, and is involved in peer review services performed by the Firm.
In addition, Mr. Hollander provides litigation support services. He has served as an expert witness before state and federal courts on accounting and auditing matters, including the application of professional standards.
In 2008, Mr. Hollander was awarded the prestigious Certified in Financial Forensics credential by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). The credential is granted to qualified CPAs with considerable professional experience in financial forensics.
Mr. Hollander conducts continuing education courses for Marcum and the AICPA. He also regularly speaks on current SEC accounting and reporting developments. Additionally, Mr. Hollander has held numerous leadership positions with the AICPA and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
In 2010, Mr. Hollander was awarded the Cal Kovens Distinguished Community Service Award and was also recognized as the Honorary Alumnus of the Year by the School of Accounting at Florida International University.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Auditing Standards Board
- Peer Review Committee, Private Companies Practice Session
- Quality Control Standards Committee
- Continuing Professional Education Executive Committee
- Centennial Public Relations Committee
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Board of Governors, Vice-President and Treasurer
- Dade County Chapter, President
- Florida International University
- President's Council, Member and Past Chair
- Presidential Search Advisory Committee
- School of Accounting Advisory Board
- Family Counseling Services of Greater Miami, Board of Directors, Past Chair
- AICPA Instructor:
- Fair Value Accounting
- Annual Update for Accountants and Auditors
- Public Company Update
- SEC Reporting
- Accounting for Stock-Based Compensation
- Lorman Education Services Instructor
- Sarbanes-Oxley Seminar, Panel Member (several Florida cities)
Commercial and SEC Accounting
Financial Services Firms
Professional Services Firms
Real Estate Companies
Bachelor of Science
2013 Top CPA in Litigation Support, South Florida Legal Guide