Paul Sherman serves as the Firm's Chief Operating Officer. He oversees the daily operation of 23 offices and is responsible for integrating systems and improving efficiencies firm wide.
A seasoned accountant, Mr. Sherman continues to work closely with clients providing business and tax consulting services. He has led numerous audit and tax engagements involving public and private companies and has conducted due diligence reviews in connection with mergers and acquisitions as well as accounting. Mr. Sherman has served as a lead member of an exclusive investigatory team that performed special assignments for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). In addition, he has provided tax and consulting services to entrepreneurial businesses with a specific emphasis on outsourcing the Chief Financial Officer functions for these companies.
Mr. Sherman joined the Firm in 1994 and was named Administrative Partner for the Firm's New York City office in 1999. For ten years he was responsible for managing office operations, supervising staff, enhancing operating efficiencies and growing its client base. He also served as the Firm Wide Partner-in-Charge of Human Resources and managed all aspects of recruiting, compensation, career development, benefits administration and personnel policy development.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Banks and Savings Institutions Committee, Past Chairman
- Ethics Committee, Past Chairman
- Accountants Club of America
- North Castle Cares, Co-Founder, Past Treasurer
- North Castle School District
- North Castle Library, Past Board member
Business & Tax Consulting
Mergers & Acquisitions
Bachelor of Science, Accounting