The Marcum 2016 Year-End Tax Guide continues our tradition of providing timely tax guidance for the upcoming year.
Marcum's Private Business Group provides full service capability to support the tax functions of non-public businesses, whether in the form of a closely held corporation, an S Corporation, an LLC or a family corporation. The Group members work directly with clients, and with other tax advisory groups, to help minimize the client's tax liability as well as assisting the client in complying with all applicable federal and state law.
Marcum's dedicated Private Business Group provides a high degree of personal service to every situation. They regularly visit clients at their places of business in order to ask questions that help uncover issues to be resolved relative to minimizing tax liabilities and avoiding issues with tax authorities. Because of the Group's wealth of resources and experience, the team knows exactly where to turn for answers and how to implement the strategies that will yield the best result for the client's interests.
- Preparation of tax returns for non-public companies, including S Corporations, limited liability companies and closely held companies.
- Advisory services with respect to tax structuring, restructuring, buying or selling a business.
- Advisory services with respect to tax accounting methods and periods.
- Preparation of ASC 740 computations and related financial statement disclosure for the purpose of audit by Marcum or other accounting firms.
- Tax planning with respect to state and local issues such as nexus, combined vs. separate reporting, sourcing of income, allocation and apportionment.
- Consulting related to compensation issues in a closely held business.
- Preparation of analysis related to complex corporate issues such as IRC 382 and the related impact on net operating loss utilization.
- Assistance with federal and state and local jurisdictions’ audits of tax filings.
Select the region to view contacts.