The Marcum 2016 Year-End Tax Guide continues our tradition of providing timely tax guidance for the upcoming year.
Top Tax Planning Tips for Legally Married Same-Sex Couples and other Non-Traditional Families
Marcum LLP is the thought leader in the specialty area of tax compliance and consulting services within the LGBT communities. Our professionals have more than 20 years of experience in dealing with the complex tax and financial rules faced by LGBT couples and families, state-by-state and around the country. Our forward thinking professionals grasp the subtleties and differences in these rules and, today, have the tool box to help economically mitigate the differences for clients in need.
WHAT'S INSIDE THE CHECKLIST
- Prepare your Last Will & Testament.
- Create a Trust.
- Beneficiary Designations.
- Establish a Durable Power of Attorney.
- Establish Health Care Proxy and Living Will.
- Establish a Designation for the Disposition
- Establish a Cohabitation Agreement.
- Establish a Joint Custody Agreement.
- Property Considerations.
- Retirement Planning.
TAX PLANNING TIPS