Marcum's Transaction Advisory Group works with private equity firms, hedge funds and corporate acquirers to identify and maximize value when investing in or divesting of a business interest. While financing for new transactions in the current market remains challenging, the Group's comprehensive understanding of underlying financial and tax issues coupled with the ability to identify opportunities for operational improvement provides a competitive advantage for clients seeking to maximize investments.
Marcum's Transaction Advisory Group members have extensive experience in corporate formations, acquisitions, dispositions and reorganizations. Collectively, the Group offers more than 100 years of experience related to these types of services. Its members pursue varying continuing education courses to stay current on the tax issues affecting their clients, including attending both national and local tax seminars.
With client service being one of Marcum's main goals, professionals in the group work directly with the Firm's Commercial Assurance Department in an effort to provide seamless client service. These two Groups, along with other tax advisory groups, regularly work together to identify and address various structuring issues from both an audit and tax perspective, including for example, how transactions may be reported differently for audit and tax purposes, i.e. a tax-free reorganization/acquisition, and the resulting effects on the client's financial statement disclosure.
Contact one of Marcum's regional representatives.
- Planning for maximum tax efficiency in the acquisition, disposition or reorganization of a business.
- Due diligence services.
- Analysis of entity types to minimize tax liabilities.
- Planning to maximize tax efficiencies in a multi-national or multi-state level.
- Examination of various accounting methods or accounting periods to promote optimum returns for both tax and operational purposes.
- Integration and optimization of tax department processes and technologies.
- Assistance by filling interim management positions, when required, and provide support for compliance needs.