President & CEO – Park City Community Foundation
Park City Community Foundation (Community Foundation) seeks a dynamic President & CEO to assume leadership of a thriving organization that is committed to play a vital role in solving Park City’s toughest challenges. The Community Foundation brings together generous donors, nonprofit experts, and community leaders to contribute financial resources and innovative ideas to benefit all the people of Park City– now and in the future. The new President & CEO will succeed current executive Katie Wright, who will be leaving the Community Foundation in the Spring of 2021 after 13 years of leadership and service.
Organization History and Mission
Since 2007, the Community Foundation’s partnerships with donors have generated more than $34 million in total impact to Park City and Summit County. With years of philanthropic expertise and deep roots in Park City, the Community Foundation is the philanthropic hub of greater Park City, connecting impactful organizations with the most pressing issues in the area so giving back is easier and more effective.
The Community Foundation works through:
- Partnering with Donors – The Community Foundation partners with individuals, families, and businesses who want to create positive and enduring
- Growing Community Initiatives – With a broad range of stakeholders—from philanthropists and activists to community leaders and businesspeople—the Community Foundation provides the vision, inspiration, and leadership to strengthen the community and bring people together to address key needs and opportunities that are bigger than any one organization can
- Supporting Nonprofits – Through the Community Foundation, over 100 local nonprofits can participate in educational roundtables, network with each other, and apply for grants. They also have the opportunity to participate in the annual day of giving, Live PC Give Additionally, many nonprofits are featured in the Park City Giving Guide, a compilation of the community’s most effective nonprofits.
- Convening the Community – The capacity to convene lends momentum to initiatives without dictating their course. Since its inception, the Community Foundation has brought together philanthropists, grantees, experts, and policy makers to forge new connections and find common
Recent accomplishments include:
- On November 6, 2020, the Community Foundation hosted and organized its 10th annual giving day, Live PC Give PC, which rallied over 6,000 community members, nonprofits, volunteers, donors, and sponsors generating a record-breaking $3.4 million for local nonprofits.
- In September 2020, Summit County, UT charged the Community Foundation with managing applications for and distributing funds totaling $1 million to nonprofits that are helping individuals and families disproportionally impacted by COVID-19.
- In November 2020, the Community Foundation’s Park City Climate Fund awarded the second round of grants totaling over $210,000 to eight local climate change
- Park City Community Foundation has raised $3.5 million thus far for its Community Response Fund for Covid-19 and started distributing grants within just a few days of activating the fund to help a community that has been hit hard by the
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
The Community Foundation is committed to the advancement of equity, diversity, and inclusion and toward making Park City a place where all people can fully realize their aspirations.
The goal is to infuse equity deeply into its culture and practices. It strives to be inclusive and antiracist, while inspiring the local nonprofit community in its efforts to do the same. The Community Foundation works proactively to improve its diversity, equity, and inclusion knowledge and abilities because doing so is critical to the success of the philanthropy and nonprofit sectors.
In 2019, it also created and is implementing the Park City Community’s Social Equity Strategic Plan which currently focuses on the issues of housing, education, and inclusion.
Governed by a 29-member Board of Directors with a $5 million operating budget and $21 million in assets, the Community Foundation has a staff of 13 people in Park City, UT. For more information, please visit https://parkcitycf.org.
The new President and CEO will be passionate about leading and advancing the organization’s mission and will sustain and grow positive relationships within the organization and across the community, including donors, nonprofit organizations, and community leaders. They will relish the opportunity to advance the Community Foundation’s impact by building and leveraging the organization’s assets consisting of deep relationships across the community, a dedicated and phenomenal staff, an inclusive and innovative approach to identify and solve challenges in the community, and solid financial health.
The Community Foundation believes that a thriving community is founded on effective nonprofit organizations and that enduring change requires ongoing investments in people, place, and culture. The new President and CEO will sustain and grow philanthropic efforts and will also lead the organization in recognizing new challenges and new approaches to old challenges.
Reporting to the Board of Directors and working collaboratively with the Board and staff, the President and CEO will guide the Foundation in achieving measurable impact in the following areas:
- Community: In addition to sustaining existing nonprofit education programs and growing Live PC Give PC, increase nonprofit capacity and strengthen mission impact through increased access to financial and other
- People: Serve as an active partner in the Summit County Mental Wellness
- Place: Implement the Park City Climate Fund, with the goals of reducing greenhouse gas emissions and sequestering carbon through locally relevant projects that also have broader
- Culture: Support implementation of the multiyear Community Social Equity Strategic Plan in partnership with a broad and diverse coalition of community members and organizations; the plan’s top recommended priorities are affordable housing, education (with an emphasis on early childhood), and
Additional responsibilities include:
- Understand the perspectives of and inspire confidence among donors, nonprofits, and community stakeholders that the Community Foundation will continue to serve as an effective and reliable catalyst and partner in making Park City and Summit County a better place for all;
- Ensure the Community Foundation continues to reach its philanthropic goals necessary to support long-term sustainability and investments in the community;
- Serve as a spokesperson in the community;
- Oversee the development of the annual operating budget and maintain fiscal responsibility;
- Empower and engage staff and support a work environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion; fun; collaboration; trust and respect; and professional development;
- Support and collaborate with the Board of Directors and its committees to enhance the organization’s ability to carry out the mission in the
Experience and Attributes
Candidates for this position will share the Community Foundation’s commitment to inspiring local and lasting change together, and will bring a variety of experiences and attributes to the role including, but not limited to:
- Demonstrated passion for the Community Foundation’s mission and commitment to the Park City and Summit County Community;
- 7+ years of executive leadership experience with the proven ability to effectively manage and lead a growth-oriented organization;
- A true strategic thinker with a strong bias for action;
- Visionary and dynamic mindset to align philanthropy and community around a common vision and supporting strategies;
- Extensive service experience either via previous management or board roles;
- Extremely high emotional intelligence who is inspirational and charismatic;
- An exceptionally strong, confident communicator with excellent listening skills;
- Ability and passion to fund-raise;
- Deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Experience leading, inspiring, and collaborating with a small and dynamic staff, with previous success fostering staff leadership and professional