Marcum offers a broad range of core services for dentists.
Professional to professional services is our goal and provides the foundation for every client relationship. Providing financial information to our dental clients in a timely and accurate manner is a commitment that we feel cannot be compromised. Meaningful, well-organized financial records ensure that your business operations will run more efficiently on a daily basis.
- General ledger & financial statement preparation.
- Bookkeeping (Monthly/Quarterly/Annual),
- Accounting system setup for new & established dental practices.
- Payroll services.
- Divisional accounting.
- Computerized payroll services.
- Business tax return preparation (Sales & use/business property).
- Compensation modeling.
Strategic analysis and marketing services are essential for setting achievable short and long-term goals for a medical or dental practice. The use of ongoing market studies and review of competitive environments are essential to the development of realistic goals. Marcum helps health care professionals focus on sound, attainable growth opportunities.
- Practice building.
- Mergers and acquisitions/joint ventures.
- Financing services.
- Contract evaluation and negotiations.
- Purchases and expansion of practices.
- Financial feasibility services.
- Managed care strategies and ACO.
- Staff salary reviews.
Marcum prefers to take a proactive vs. reactive approach to tax services. By staying up to date on new tax laws and legislation, we are able to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize both your current and future” tax liabilities. We provide our individual and business clients with the taxation expertise and knowledge that they deserve throughout the year. Tax services offered include but are not limited to:
- Tax planning & return preparation.
- Taxing authority representation.
- Divorce and support issues.
We have performed hundreds of valuations of medical and dental practices, as well as health related businesses such as imaging facilities, surgery centers, labs, and on-call coverage. The company is made up of experienced financial analysts, accountants, and healthcare industry professionals dedicated to meeting the needs of business owners, lenders, advisors and others that require independent valuation and consulting services.
- Sale of practice.
- Buy-sell arrangements.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Marital dissolutions.
- Second opinions.
- Practice sale support.
We gauge our worth by the personal and business successes of our clients. Because we have nearly 2,500 doctors as clients we can take advantage of broad experience in a single industry to advise our clients on successful business applications that have actually been implemented by us. We can help your business identify areas negatively affecting profitability and growth and develop solutions that are practical and technically sound. The following are just a few of the areas in which we provide consulting services:
- Accounting software selection and implementation.
- Maximizing production & operating efficiencies to achieve best practice benchmarks.
- Buying/selling a practice.
- Computer systems.
- Financial & retirement decisions.
Estate, Gift & Trust Planning and Compliance
Safeguarding your estate is one of the most important things you can do. Smart estate, gift and trust planning safeguards your estate by minimizing estate and income taxes for your heirs, provides a secure financial future for you, helps ensure future generations benefit in the manner you desire and can protect your assets from liability claims. Our estate, gift & trust planning professionals work closely with you to help you achieve these objectives.
- Asset protection planning.
- Estate and gift planning.
- Post-mortem estate planning.
- Charitable and family transfers.
- Charitable gift planning.
- Trust planning.