Dental practices face complex organizational, business and financial decisions every day. Balancing time for both the practice and personal goals can become overwhelming. You have worked hard to get where you are today and deserve solutions to achieve your goals. Marcum LLP can help find the solutions.
Marcum LLP has more than 70 years of experience providing services to dentists and dental organizations across the country. We have a dedicated team of professionals who understand the complex business environment of the dental industry, as well as the diverse needs of each practitioner’s business and personal needs. We provide a customized approach to your business needs and offer a full suite of services and resources designed to help you through the life cycle of your business.
- General Ledger & Financial Statement Preparation Bookkeeping (Monthly/Quarterly/Annual)
- Accounting System Setup for New & Established Businesses
- Interim CFO / Controller Services
- Accounting Outsourcing Services
Strategic analysis and marketing services are essential for setting achievable short and long-term goals for a medical or dental practice. The use of ongoing market studies and review of competitive environments are essential to the development of realistic goals. Marcum helps health care professionals focus on sound, attainable growth opportunities.
- Practice building.
- Mergers and acquisitions/joint ventures.
- Financing services.
- Contract evaluation and negotiations.
- Purchases and expansion of practices.
- Financial feasibility services.
- Managed care strategies and ACO.
- Staff salary reviews.
Marcum prefers to take a proactive vs. reactive approach to tax services. By staying up to date on new tax laws and legislation, we are able to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize both your current and future tax liabilities. We provide our individual and business clients with the taxation expertise and knowledge that they deserve throughout the year. Tax services offered include but are not limited to:
- Corporate tax services/planning.
- State and local tax compliance.
- Business formation/entity selection.
- Compensation planning/structure.
- Cost segregation.
- Financial statement audit, reviews and compilations.
- Agreed upon procedures/due diligence.
- Pension/employee benefit audit.
- Portfolio company financial statement audit.
We have performed hundreds of valuations of dental practices. The company is made up of experienced financial analysts, accountants, and healthcare industry professionals dedicated to meeting the needs of business owners, lenders, advisors and others that require independent valuation and consulting services.
- Sale of practice.
- Buy-sell arrangements.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Marital dissolutions.
- Second opinions.
- Practice sale support.
Practice Management Consulting
We gauge our worth by the personal and business successes of our clients. Because we have a significant number of dental professionals as clients, we can take advantage of broad experience in a single industry to advise our clients on successful business applications that have actually been implemented by us. We can help your business identify areas negatively affecting profitability and growth and develop solutions that are practical and technically sound. The following are just a few of the areas in which we provide consulting services:
- Business valuations.
- Business & strategic planning.
- Mergers & acquisitions.
- Joint ventures and dental service organizations.
- Sucession planning.
- Instruct and assist in rounding off a balanced operation. Balanced operations improve QOL of owners and team.
- Train, coach, mentor, owners and staff on all key areas of dental office operations.
- Internal/external marketing strategies.
- “White Canvas” development of practices when a major shift is desired such as dropping insurance plans.
- Staffing model development and implementation.
- Realized efficiencies through technology or third party integration.
- “True Team” Development
Estate, Gift & Trust Planning and Compliance
Safeguarding your estate is one of the most important things you can do. Smart estate, gift and trust planning safeguards your estate by minimizing estate and income taxes for your heirs, provides a secure financial future for you, helps ensure future generations benefit in the manner you desire and can protect your assets from liability claims. Our estate, gift & trust planning professionals work closely with you to help you achieve these objectives.
- Asset protection planning.
- Estate and gift planning.
- Post-mortem estate planning.
- Charitable and family transfers.
- Charitable gift planning.
- Trust planning.
Transaction Advisory Services
- Quality of earnings (EBIDTA) analysis.
- Carve-out financial statement analysis.
- Federal, state and local tax due diligence.
- Profitability analysis.
- Review of asset/stock purchase agreement.
Is your practice DSO ready?
Our DSO team is able to assist you with determining if your practice is DSO ready or looking to expand.
- Conversion from cash to accrual.
- Standardizing monthly procedures.
- Monitoring of KPI.
- Hands on consulting.
- Tax expertise.
- Group practice conversion.
- Audit ready books.
- Analysis of practice acquisitions.
- Strategic planning.
- Tax preparation.
- Valuation for selling.
- Difference between an office in infancy to maturity.