HHS Relief Funds Available To Dentists – July 24th Deadline
On July 10, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) opened the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund to include dentists to apply for relief. The deadline to apply for these funds is Friday, July 24, 2020. Following is information on how to apply, program highlights, and link to additional details on relief funds available to dental practices.
- Applicants will need to create a profile or log into a portal.
- Applicants need the following information to apply: Tax ID Number, most recently corporate tax return (default is 2018, unless 2019 has already been filed), NPI numbers that the practice files claims under. If the applicants practice ID is not recognized, applicants can call 866-569-3522 for assistance.<.li>
- Applications are available on the HHS website until July 24.
- Any funding received is not a loan or a grant. The amount will be considered taxable income. The funds should be used to reimburse the practice for COVID-19 related expenses and to reimburse for lost revenue for March and April 2020 compared to the same time period in 2019.
- The applicant will be required to certify to the adherence of the regulations of the stimulus package and agree to not use the funds to cover expenses that have otherwise been covered by PPP & EIDL money. There will be future required reporting which has not been finalized by HHS.
- HHS plans to make publicly available the names of payment recipients and the amounts received, for all providers who attest to receipt of a payment and acceptance of the Terms and Conditions or who retain payments for more than 90 days and are deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions.
- By accepting funds, the recipient consents to the Department of Health and Human Services publicly disclosing the payments that recipient has received from the Relief Fund.
Marcum will continue to provide updates on future activity of the Provider Relief Fund. Please reach out to your Marcum Healthcare Advisor with any questions you may have.
Coronavirus Resource Center
Have more questions about the impact of the coronavirus on your business? Visit Marcum’s Coronavirus Resource Center for up-to-date information.