Increase in the Personal Needs Allowance (PNA)
By Rick Meeske, Senior, Advisory Services
Retroactively effective July 1, 2017, the Personal Needs Allowance has been raised to $60 per month PNA from gross income.
If you have any questions regarding the new requirements of participation or the guidance, please contact your Marcum advisor.
The increase affects the following residents:
- Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities (ICF/IDD).
- Intellectual Disabilities/Developmental Disabilities Community Care (ID/DD).
- Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Facilities (SMHRF).
- Community Integrated Living Arrangements (CILA).
- Medically Complex for the Developmentally Disabled Facilities (MC/DD).
There has been no change in the PNA for Skilled Nursing Facilities. The changes have been forwarded on to the Department of Human Services (DHS) Family Community Resource Centers and Medical Field Operations caseworkers who will make the necessary adjustments to each individual case retroactively to July 1. The CILA rate will be adjusted by the DHS Division of Developmental Disabilities.
If you have any questions, please contact your Marcum Representative or the Bureau of Long Term Care at (844) 528-8444.