May 13, 2014
- James Ashe, CPA, MAFF, CFF, Partner in Charge of the National Advisory Team, spoke at the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants on January 9, 2015 on the topic “Writing Forensic Reports.”
- Michael Brown, CPA, CFE, Director, served as an Adjunct Professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice teaching an auditing class in the fall of 2014.In the Winter/Spring 2015 semester, he was recruited to help teach two additional classes : Advanced Financial Reporting and Analysis, and Public Sector Accounting and Auditing.
- Sean Clancy, CFE, Manager, has been named to the Board of the Long Island Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association.
- Kathleen Suker, CPA, CFF, ABV, CFE, Manager, was elected Executive Vice President of the Accountant Attorney Networking Group (AANG) for 2015.
- Kevin J. Baldwin, CPA, Manager, Roseland office, was a panelist for the Jersey Shore Inns of Court where he spoke on “Determining the Pre-Marital value of a Business” in January 2015. In March, Kevin spoke at the New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Retreat in Key West, Florida on the topic : “Reasonable Compensation: Key Factors to be Considered.”
- Ilan Hirschfeld, Partner, Roseland Office, participated on a panel in Paris at the NJ Bar Mid-Year Retreat in November discussing “Hot Tips” in Matrimonial Litigation.
- Matt Bavolack, Principal and National Practice Leader of Marcum’s Health Care Consulting Practice, presented to the Association for Long Term Care Financial Managers (ALTCFM) on March 26, 2015 in Plantsville, CT. Matt’s presentation focused on ACOs, Bundled Products and Case Mix Reimbursement. Matt is also coordinating and organizing the 2nd Annual Marcum Long Term Care Symposium on May 12, 2015 at the Mohegan Sun Casino.This event is expected to draw over 250 owners, operators and administrators throughout the New England area. For more information on this event, please visit https://www.marcumllp.com/MLTCS.
- Marissa Pepe Turrell, ASA, CVA, MBA has rejoined the New England Advisory Services team as a Director based in the Needham office.She will focus on all aspects of business valuation, financial modeling, and litigation support. Marissa recently passed the Level 1 portion of the Chartered Financial Analyst ( “CFA”) exam.
- John Heller, CPA, CIRA, Director, Fort Lauderdale office, attended a Bankruptcy Bar of the Southern District of Florida Seminar regarding the current US Supreme Court Hearings on Bankruptcy Appeals in March. He plans on attending the Bankruptcy Bar Retreat in early May.
- Anthony Banks, ASA, Senior Manager, Fort Lauderdale office, and Melissa Charnota, Manager, Miami office, conducted an internal two-day business valuation training in March for Marcum’s Florida Region.