Webinar Recap: ESOP Valuations in COVID-19 Environment; And Issues Pertaining to Interim Valuations
Thursday, April 23, 2020
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM (EDT)
As your trusted advisors, Prudent Fiduciary Services, Faegre Drinker and Marcum are committed to sharing the best information available concerning the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis to our mutual clients and colleagues during this time.
Our speakers are going to discuss ESOP valuations in the Coronavirus (COVID-19) environment. As we continue within unchartered territory, these experts will provide insight and also share what they have gained through first-hand experiences over the past four weeks regarding this fluid environment.
Please join Jeremy Pelphrey (Partner at Faegre Drinker Miguel Paredes (founder of Prudent Fiduciary Services (and formerly with the DOL)) and Patrice Radogna, ASA, CPA, ABAR (Co-leader of Marcum’s national ESOP practice)
- December 31, 2019 annual valuation process
- Interim valuation – do I need this and what are the factors to consider
- Process, governance and documents
- Who makes the decision to obtain an interim valuation?
- Internal Trustees’ role in making a determination for an interim valuation
- Major drivers of value and what COVID-19 factors can/cannot be considered
- How the date of the valuation impacts value
- How the market has affected the multiples utilized in the valuation of a private company
- How you might adjust a company’s cash flow for this type of uncertainty
- Communication to participants – uncertain times and uncertain valuations
11:00 PM EDT – Webinar
11:45 PM EDT – Q&A and Closing Comments
Coronavirus Resource Center
Have more questions about the impact of the coronavirus on your business? Visit Marcum’s Coronavirus Resource Center for up-to-date information.