Tax Services - Connecticut
Tax & BusinessConstruction
Brett McGrath is a Partner in the Firm’s Hartford, Connecticut office and the Partner-in-Charge of the Connecticut and Rhode Island Tax Departments managing Hartford, New Haven, Greenwich and Providence. As a member of the Firm’s National Construction Industry group and its State and Local Tax Practice group, Mr. McGrath has more than 20 years of experience providing federal and state tax consulting and compliance services to corporations, partnerships and individual clients.
Mr. McGrath has extensive experience working with construction contractors, developers and homebuilders; manufacturers; service corporations; and sports and entertainment professionals. He provides tax accounting for long-term contracts, accounting methods and look-back filings. Mr. McGrath’s corporate and individual tax experience includes multinational tax and state tax compliance research and planning.
Mr. McGrath shares his tax accounting knowledge with industry and professional organizations. He is a frequent speaker on tax matters for construction companies.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. McGrath spent several years at a “Big 4” accounting firm. Earlier in his career, he was a Corporate Tax Specialist at a multi-national manufacturing company.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- The Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- Cedar Hill Cemetery & Foundation, Board of Directors
- Walter Camp Foundation
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Comprehensive Repair & Cost Capitalization Regulations, National AICPA Construction Conference, 2012
- Tax Panel, AICPA National Construction Industry Conference, 2012
- Fundamentals of Construction Taxation, National AICPA Construction Conference, 2010
- Fundamentals of Construction Taxation, National AICPA Construction Conference, 2009
- Long-Term Construction Contract Accounting: A Tax Strategies Checklist, Journal of Construction Accounting and Taxation, March/April 2006
- Fundamentals of Construction Accounting, National AICPA Construction Conference, 2008
- Tax Accounting Methods and Their Impact on Deferred Income Taxes under FAS 109, National Association of Independent Sureties, 2007
- Construction Accounting, CSCPA, 1998-2006
- Advanced Tax Issues, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants Annual Construction Industry Conference, 2005