Regional Managing Partner
Tax & Business
Cary Buxbaum is the Regional Managing Partner of Illinois and is a member of Marcum’s Executive Committee. He joined Marcum through the Firm’s 2015 merger with Frost, Ruttenberg, & Rothblatt P.C., one of the largest full-service accounting firms in the Chicago region.
As executive vice president at Frost, Mr. Buxbaum provided a wide range of services, including financial accounting, income tax advisement, general business consulting and specialized healthcare industry consulting, to his diverse client base. Using a solution-oriented approach and superior customer service, he works closely with individuals, not-for-profit and for-profit organizations in industries including real estate, long-term healthcare and construction.
Mr. Buxbaum is recognized for his more than 35 years of experience as a general practitioner and for his technical expertise. Among his many accomplishments, he:
- Maintains long-term relationships with his wide-ranging clients from sole proprietors to multimillion-dollar enterprises to help ensure their businesses reach their full potential.
- Serves as an invaluable and accessible business adviser to find creative solutions to his clients’ financial challenges.
- Developed Frost’s internal quality control procedures and successfully guided the Firm through its first peer review process.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Illinois CPA Society News Journal – various