Business Valuation Services, National Leader
Daniel Roche is a partner in Marcum’s National Advisory/Business Valuation Group and works primarily out of Marcum’s New York City and New Jersey offices. He appraises business interests and provides litigation support for a wide variety clientele. Mr. Roche’s experience includes appraising companies and intangible assets for litigation (family law, commercial litigation, bankruptcy litigation) and non-litigation (estate and gift tax/financial reporting) purposes.
Mr. Roche joined Marcum in 2005 and is a leader in Marcum’s National Business Valuation Practice. He is a frequent presenter on business valuation topics both within Marcum and externally at continuing legal education seminars.
Mr. Roche holds the Accredited Senior Appraiser (“ASA”) designation from the American Society of Appraisers. He is also a Certified Public Accountant licensed in New Jersey and holds the Accredited in Business Valuation (“ABV”) credential from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Mr. Roche graduated Monmouth University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (economics concentration) in 1999, and received his MBA from Rutgers University (finance concentration) in 2009. His education in economics and finance helps Dan provide unique insight in valuation and forensic engagements.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA), Northern New Jersey Chapter, Vice President
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA)
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- “Business Valuation Terms and Concepts”
- “Defined Value Clauses, Risk in Business Appraisals, and the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012”
- CLE Approved Courses Presented to Law Firms and Bar Associations
- “Valuing Publicity Rights and Other Intangible Assets of Authors,” New York Law Journal, May 19, 2014 (with James T. Ashe and Stephen D. Lassar)
- “As Intangible Assets Grow in Prominence, Methods to Value Them Evolve,” The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, June 2014 (with Bradford Taylor)
- “Marketability Discounts on Display in New York Court,” Marcum LLP Forensic Files, May 2015 (with James T. Ashe)
- “With M&A Growth, Treatment of Deal-Related ‘Synergy’ Takes Center Stage,” New York Law Journal, May 18, 2015 (with James T. Ashe and Stephen D. Lassar)