Tax & BusinessNonprofit & Social Sector
Eliezer Hildeshaim is a principal in the Firm's Tax & Business Services division and a member of the Not-for-Profit Practice group. He joined Marcum in 2015 via the Firm's merger with Frost, Ruttenberg, & Rothblatt P.C., one of the largest full-service accounting firms in the Chicago region.
Mr. Hildeshaim brings 30 years of experience to Marcum. As head of FROST's Exempt Organization Practice, he worked extensively with clients to establish and secure their tax-exempt status, including preparing applications and overseeing the formation of tax-exempt entities. His expertise extends to assisting organizations in reinstating exempt status in situations of involuntary termination. He also oversees the compliance process for all federal and state filings for his clients.
Mr. Hildeshaim has served on numerous nonprofit boards in the Chicago metropolitan area and has lectured on the formation and benefits of tax-exempt organizations and private foundations.Among his accomplishments, he:
- Counsels a wide range of clients including multimillion-dollar organizations, medical societies, not-for-profit medical facilities and operating and non-operating foundations.
- Mediates negotiations between local and national governmental agencies on behalf of nonprofits at risk of losing their tax-exempt status.
- Presided over a 26-state tax return for a multistate medical service organization.
- Regularly counsels clients on commercial real estate transactions such as like-kind (1031) exchanges.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Chicago Chesed Fund, Board member
- Hatzalah Chicago, Board member
- Illinois CPA Society
- Jewish Sacred Society