Tax & Business
Joanne Cristiano is the Partner-in-Charge of Accounting Services for New England and is responsible for supervising all New England office accounting services departments which includes staff responsibilities, training and processes. In addition, as the Chief Operating Officer of the national tax practice, Ms. Cristiano is in charge of tax policies & procedures, tax technology, client acceptance & retention, quality control and risk management. She also provides oversight of tax training and technical issues as they relate to members of the tax department. She is responsible for leading new products and service department ideas for the tax department. She also provides assistance with mergers and is responsible for tax merger integration training for all merged firms.
She has more than 30 years experience in the public accounting industry working with small to medium closely held and family-controlled businesses. She serves a client base in a variety of industries including medical practices, manufacturing, wholesale and distribution, and restaurant operations.
Ms. Cristiano entered the field of public accounting in 1989. During her career, Ms. Cristiano has always been involved with firm continuing professional education (CPE) curriculum for staff members and pearheading advancements in technology.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- New Haven Alumni Association of Providence College, Board of Directors
- Executive Women’s Golf League of Connecticut, Treasurer
- 2017 New Haven Club of Providence College-Vertias Award Recipient
- Sureprep National Committee, Chairperson