Office Managing Partner
Tax & Business
John Mezzanotte is the Firm’s office managing partner in Greenwich, Connecticut, and is a member of the High Net Worth, Family Office, Alternative Investment, and Healthcare industry groups. He offers more than 35 years of diverse tax experience serving closely held and start-up companies and their owners in a variety of industries. Mr. Mezzanotte regularly advises companies seeking their next round of capital investment, bank financing and exit strategies.
Mr. Mezzanotte has authored numerous financial and market feasibility studies for large international development projects as well as new business ventures seeking capital. Additionally, he has been an invited speaker, panelist, and moderator at numerous tax, private equity, healthcare and hospitality forums.
In addition to his primary tax background, Mr. Mezzanotte has specialized knowledge of the Caribbean hospitality industry, where his engagements for private international clients and foreign governments span more than 30 countries. Recently, Mr. Mezzanotte has served as an expert on two internationally headlined corruption and bank fraud cases in the Caribbean.
Prior to merging his long-standing accounting and tax practice into Marcum, Mr. Mezzanotte held executive-level positions in finance as chief financial officer, principal of a private investment banking firm, co-trustee for a large marital trust, and managing director of a world-renowned resort.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA):
- Audit Committee Member (former)
- Educational Trust Fund Trustee, Treasurer (former)
- Marcum Foundation, Board of Directors
- Marcum Foundation, New England Regional Board member
- Southern Connecticut State University:
- Advisory Council Member, School of Business
- Board of Directors & Chair and former Audit Chair, SCSU Foundation
- Connecticut Estate Planning Council, Member
- Landmark Angel Forum
- Shepherds, Inc., (former board member
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- “CPA tell Advisors How to Save Clients Taxes on 401(k) RMDs,” Financial Advisor, October 2017
- “Top 8 Pharma Companies that Paid the Least in Taxes and How They Will Fare Under Trump,” Biospace.com, November 2016
- “Connecticut Tax Agency Keeps Close Watch on State’s Super-Rich,” Associated Press, February 2015
- Landmark Venture Forum, Panelist:
- Family Office Investment Strategy, November 2016
- Building Diversification Among Investments in the Alternative Asset Classes & Creating an Index, May 2016
- Investing for Cures 2016: Philanthropies & Foundations — Closer to the Cure?
- Philanthropy & Tax Planning, December 2015
- Industry Expert Panel Discussions:
- Private Equity & Hedge Funds at the Intersection of Yield & Equity, June 2016
- How to Prepare for a Capital Raise, October 2016
- The Life Cycle of a Private Equity Investment for the Private Investor, March 2016
- “The Use of Earn-outs in to Bridge Valuation Gaps,” Association for Corporate Growth, June 2015