Tax & Business
Kristina Albarella is an international tax director in the Firm’s Long Island office and serves as chair of its Marketing Committee for Melville management. Her primary client responsibilities include international tax consulting, which includes assisting clients with international tax planning and structuring, reviewing tax provisions for SEC clients with international operations for incorporation into their public filings, and international compliance review for clients’ timely tax filings.
Ms. Albarella oversees and trains staff responsible for serving large multinational corporations on matters involving SEC disclosures, corporate taxation and international compliance issues. She has extensive experience effectively representing clients with Federal and State audits. In addition, she advises companies with corporate restructurings, acquisitions and liquidations.
Sharing her expertise internally, Ms. Albarella is a trainer for management, staff and new hires. She teaches CPE courses on corporate tax topics including ASC 740, international tax compliance reporting, as well as tax transaction costs analyses.
Ms. Albarella has more than 25 years of public and private accounting experience. Prior to joining Marcum in 2008, she was principal tax advisor for an international public company. Earlier in her career, Ms. Albarella spent 11 years with a “Big Four” accounting firm, where she was a senior tax manager.
Ms. Albarella is very involved in her community’s ministries and attained a Master of Science degree in Taxation at Hofstra University in 2015.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- NYSSCPA Nassau Chapter, Attorneys and Accountants Joint Committee Chair
- Accountants & Attorney Networking Group (AANG)
- Christ the King of Commack, Lector, Welcoming Ambassador and Wedding Rehearsal Host
- Catholic Daughters of America, Commack Court, Financial Secretary
Awards and Recognition
- Top 50 Most Influential Women in Business, Long Island Business News, 2018
- Who’s Who in Women in Professional Services, Long Island Business News, 2013 & 2016