AssuranceAlternative Investments, Cannabis
Marni Pankin is a Partner in the Firm’s national Alternative Investment Industry group, responsible for advising clients on the formation and operation of investment funds. Marni provides guidance on complex accounting areas such as fair value measurements, revenue recognition, derivative disclosures, consolidation and merger/recapitalization transactions. She assists with the Group’s administration and policy setting and provides technical support to the financial statement audit engagement team.
Ms. Pankin successfully spearheads the Firm’s Alternative Investment Group training program. She develops the curriculum and provides hedge fund training to smaller accounting firms.
A frequent presenter at industry conferences, Ms. Pankin currently serves as the editor-in-chief for the Firm’s alternatives-focused newsletter, Private Investment Forum.
Ms. Pankin has more than 25 years experience. She began her career in the audit department of a “Big 4” accounting firm and later served as controller for a privately-held hedge fund management firm. In addition, she remains active with her alma mater and involves the Firm with on-campus recruiting.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Peer Reviewer
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Help For Children (Formerly Hedge Funds Care)
- Mid Island Y Jewish Community Center, K.I.S.S. Program
- Long Island Children’s Museum Trustee
- Hedge Fund Association
Seminars & Presentations
- Financial Research Associates
- Foundation for Accounting Education Investment Conference
- Marcum’s Alternative Investment Manager’s Forum