Tax & Business
Monte S. Colbert is a Director in the Firm’s New York City office. He works closely with SEC reporting, large multi-state, and multi-national companies as well as closely-held and family-operated businesses and their owners. He provides tax consulting, planning and compliance services.
Monte has more than 30 years of tax experience and client representation in many industries. He assists clients with broker-dealer matters, executive and deferred compensation, tax controversy including voluntary disclosure, and tax audits.
He provides tax consulting services related to research and development and energy tax credits.
Monte has been published in The CPA Journal, is a frequent contributor to the Firm’s newsletter Beyond the Numbers, and conducts training on specific tax topics.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Prepare a Better Tax Strategy for an S Corp – Bloomberg Businessweek,Today’s Tip, June 8, 2011
- Can IRC Section 1341, Claim of Right, Relieve the Pain of Madoff-Related Losses?,The CPA Journal, July 2009
- Voluntary Disclosure: To Fear or Not to Fear Criminal Prosecution, Beyond the Numbers
- S Corporations — Increasing Scrutiny by the IRS and What You Need to Know Now to Survive an Audit, Beyond the Numbers
- The Qualifying Therapeutic Discovery Project Credit, Beyond the Numbers
- Section 83 – Property for Services and Executive Compensation Planning
- Section 409(A) – A Practical Approach
- Circular 230 – What You Need to Know Now