Robert Coro is an information technology audit director in the Firm’s New Haven office and a member of its IT Risk and Assurance Services Practice group. He has extensive experience with internal and external audits as well as specialized projects for application reviews, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, network security, Sarbanes-Oxley 404, SSAE 16/AT 101 audits, PCI Assessment, internal and external audits, and specialized projects for application reviews, internal and external vulnerability assessments, wireless assessments and penetration testing.
Mr. Coro works closely with middle-market companies during the engagement process to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act 404 and recommend and assist in the implementation of best practices to increase efficiency and effectiveness. He is responsible for creating audit test plans; performing on-site testing and documenting findings; reviewing and suggesting improvements to existing IT policies and procedures; overseeing Sarbanes-Oxley engagements and control assessments of IT functions; creating standards, policies and procedures; conducting internal IT system reviews; and organizing SOC audits. He creates standards, policies and procedures for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act 404 and manages SSAE 16/AT 101, pre-assessments, Type I and Type II audits and drafts reports for review.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accounts (MSCPA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- New Hampshire Society of Certified Public Accounts (NHSCPA)
Designations & Accreditations
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Payment Card Industry Qualified Security Assessor (PCI QSA)