AssuranceManufacturing, Retail & Distribution, Retail & Consumer Products
Ronald Friedman is a partner and co-leader in the Firm’s National Retail & Consumer Products Industry group. He provides consulting services for closely held and emerging businesses in the apparel, manufacturing, distribution and retail industries.
Mr. Friedman works very closely with his clients, providing assistance with many aspects of their businesses. His services include forecasting and budgeting, profit enhancement, succession planning, exit strategies, preparation for sale of a business, assistance in procuring financing, and workout and reorganization consulting. Mr. Friedman’s expertise also includes assisting in the negotiations for the purchase or sale of a business.
For more than 30 years, Mr. Friedman has served as an expert witness in numerous apparel industry cases, ranging from valuations in divorce proceedings to disputes between partners in business dealings.
He is often quoted in the media for his industry expertise with retail, manufacturing and distribution-driven companies in the retail/consumer products sector. His recent appearances include television (FOX and PBS), radio (KFWB, Bloomberg Radio and the Wall Street Journal Radio Network) and print (Apparel News, Associated Press, Los Angeles Times, New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and Women’s Wear Daily).
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- City of Hope
- Apparel Industries Group, Board of Directors
- Professions and Finance Associates, Past President
- California State University, Northridge
- University Corporation, Board of Directors
- College of Business Administration Economics, Dean’s Council of Business Advisors
- College of Accounting Department, Dean’s Council of Business Advisors
- National Jewish Hospital, Board of Directors
- Temple Ahavat Shalom in Northridge, Past President
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- “April Retail Sales Numbers” Interview on Bloomberg Radio Program
- 100 Waysâ„¢ The Profit Enhancement Process
- Facilitation of Retreats for Professional Service Firms & Other Businesses
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Inventory Valuations and Auditing
- Reading and Understanding Financial Statements
- Internal Controls for Business Entities