Stacy Statkus is a director within the Advisory Services Practice in Marcum’s New Haven, CT, office. Ms. Statkus has more than 17 years of experience in litigation consulting, forensic accounting, and business valuation. Her areas of expertise include matrimonial litigation involving high net worth individuals, shareholder disputes, and commercial litigation. She has assisted counsel at numerous financial depositions and participated in many settlement negotiations, and has also testified in New York Supreme Court.
She has performed business valuations, asset tracing, lifestyle analysis, coverture analysis, income and cash flow analyses, prepared deposition questions, affidavits, and other relevant filings as requested by counsel. Her experience also includes involvement in litigated cases as well as mediated and collaborative divorce matters in various states.
Ms. Statkus holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Policy Studies and Economics from Dickinson College. She received an M.B.A. in Finance and an M.S. in International Business from Seton Hall University. Ms. Statkus also earned her Juris Doctorate from Louisiana State University, where she was a member of the International Law Review. She was previously an adjunct professor at Seton Hall University School of Business. Ms. Statkus is a Certified Valuation Analyst (“CVA”), a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
(“CDFA”), and Certified Fraud Examiner (“CFE”). She has also completed specialized divorce mediation training and collaborative divorce training.
Prior to joining Marcum LLP, Ms. Statkus served as her prior firm’s senior vice president of MPI Business Valuation and Advisory, where she was responsible for leading the Matrimonial Case practice.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- New York Women’s Bar Association
- Sanctuary for Families, Legal Advisory Council, Matrimonial Subcommittee
- NACVA, New Jersey State Chapter, President
- FamilyKind, Board Member
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Various Uses of Forensic Analysis in Divorce, Staten Island Collaborative Law Group, September 2018
- Valuation of Cash-Intensive Businesses for Divorce Purposes and Related Forensic Analysis, New York State Society of CPAs Annual Business Valuation Conference, May 2018
- Net Worth Statements and Lifestyle Analysis, New York Women’s Bar Association, November 2017
- Valuation of Cash-Intensive Businesses for Divorce Purposes and Related Forensic Analysis, New Jersey NACVA Annual Conference, November 2017
- The Impact of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on Family Law, Estate Planning and Wealth Planning: What you Need to Know, Boston Bar Association, March 2017
- A Holistic Approach to the Financial Aspects of Divorce, Family Lawyer Magazine, Fall 2017
- Tax Tips for Divorce Lawyers, Family Lawyer Magazine, March 2016