Ted Lucas is an audit director in the Firm’s Hartford, Connecticut office. He has close to 20 years of experience conducting and performing audits and reviews for publicly traded and privately held companies in the technology, manufacturing, retail, real estate, construction, and alternative energy industries, and clients with complex equity arrangements. In addition to the above industries, Mr. Lucas has extensive experience and performs numerous audits of employee benefit plans.
Mr. Lucas has extensive experience with reporting requirements for publicly traded companies on both the US and Toronto exchanges which include audits reported under both US GAAP and IFRS. Filings include comfort letters, registration statements, initial public offerings, and Forms 10-Q and 10-K. He has conducted both internal and external projects for Sarbanes-Oxley compliant filers.
Mr. Lucas’s experience includes significant audit services for international companies. His current and past client base includes clients with operations in Canada, UK, Israel, Singapore, Slovenia, Mexico, China and India.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- Down Syndrome Association of Connecticut, Inc., Board of Directors, Treasurer
- Carriage House Daycare, Inc., Board of Directors, Treasurer
- Hartford Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs
- Links to College Charitable Foundation Golf Tournament, Lead Volunteer
- Southington Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Small Manufactures Association, Member
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- XBRL Requirements for Foreign Private Issuers, Marcum SEC Insights, January 2018
- New Revenue Recognition Rules – Applicable Sooner Than You Think!, Marcum SEC Insights, December 2015
- Going Concern – A Fresh Look, Marcum SEC Insights, March 2014
- Businesses Must Prep for New Revenue Recognition Rules, Hartford Business Journal, July 2014
- Revenue Recognition – Why Is It So Important?, Connecticut Innovations Blog, July 2014