Adam Firestein is a Partner in the Firm’s Assurance Division. He has approximately 20 years of experience providing assurance, accounting, and advisory services to a wide range of clientele, including not-for-profit organizations, employee benefit plans, healthcare organizations, construction companies and public & private entities.
Mr. Firestein provides guidance to clients ranging from complex accounting issues to general business issues. He develops in-house training seminars for the Firm’s professional staff as well as continuing education programs for various outside organizations. His experience includes auditing and reviewing financial statements (including audits under Yellow Book requirements and SEC entities), performing agreed upon procedure engagements and reviewing internal controls. He is responsible for partnering multiple engagements as well as the supervision and training of audit staff.
Adam is also a member in the Firm’s national practice groups in employee benefit plans, tax exempt organizations, alternative investments, construction and health care.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Reviewer on the Government Finance Officers Association, Past Member
- Annual FICPA Non-Profit Conference Committee, Past Member
- Annual FICPA Construction Committee, Past Member
- Construction Financial Management Association, Member
- Safespace Foundation, Past Treasurer
- Family Service Agency, Past Board Member
- Broward 2-1-1 Club, Member
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Inc., Member
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Risk Assessment Suite Standards
- Accounting for Performance on Construction – Type and Certain Production – Type Contracts
- Consideration of Fraud in a Financial Statement Audit
- Code of Professional Conduct – Section 101 – Independence
- Employee Benefit Plan Update
- Federal Single Audit Update
- Accounting for Income Taxes
- Nonprofit Organizations – Financial Statement Complexities
- Introduction to Nonprofit Organizations