Alan Markowitz is a partner in the Assurance Services division of the Firm’s New York City and New Jersey offices. He is also a member of its SEC and Food & Beverage practice groups.
Mr. Markowitz has more than 30 years of extensive experience representing publicly-traded and privately-held companies with various accounting, business and operational issues. Throughout his career, he has developed a reputation for bringing hands-on technical and practical experience to each client engagement.
Mr. Markowitz has an in-depth knowledge with cost accounting and acquisitions, security registrations, internal controls, revenue recognition and international accounting. He has worked on numerous initial public offerings for companies that span a variety of industries including manufacturing, distribution, food & beverage, real estate, technology, professional services and biotechnology. Additionally, Mr. Markowitz has provided assurance services for ERISA audits employee stock option plans, and non-for-profit organizations.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2007, Mr. Markowitz was a partner at a large regional accounting firm where he advised SEC clients on capital raising strategies. Additionally, he was instrumental in developing its continuing professional education programs for staff and clients.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- The Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CSCPA)
- Associates for Corporate Growth (ACG), ACG New Jersey at Bergen Committee
- Temple University Alumni Association – NYC – Board of Directors