New York Metro Leader
- Nonprofit Assurance
Amish Mehta, a Marcum assurance partner and member of the Nonprofit Services group, has spent more than 25 years providing accounting, auditing, and advisory services to not-for-profit institutions. Amish has developed strong relationships with board members and senior management, providing sound financial advice that allowed them to fulfill their organizations’ missions.
His clients have included well-known social service organizations, higher education institutions, private foundations, cultural institutions, and religious organizations, among others.
Amish has served as a writer of training materials and an instructor in audit methodology and not-for-profit service issues for staff at all levels of experience. He has led seminars on topics such as Introduction to Not-for-Profit Accounting, Introduction to OMB Circular A-133, and Board Governance and Transparency, and has extensive experience speaking and writing on topics relevant to the not-for-profit industry. He has also served as a reviewer in Peer Review and Risk Quality Reviews of audit engagements with a focus on not-for-profit institutions.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (Member, Peer Reviewer)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (Member, Not-for-Profit Committee)
- New York Society of Association Executives (Board Member)
- DFK International, Chair, Not-for-Profit Committee
- Long Island Community Foundation (Member, Professional Advisory Committee)
- New York University School of Continuing and Professional Studies (Adjunct Professor, Not-for-Profit Accounting Fundamentals Curriculum)