Arlen Lasinsky, a director in the Advisory Services dvision at Marcum, possesses an impressive career in various roles, including auditor, controller, CFO, treasurer, consultant, and fraud investigator. Leveraging his extensive experience, Arlen supports legal counsel and their clients in high-stakes situations, such as civil and criminal litigation and fraud investigations.
As a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and a specialist in financial forensics, he has established himself as a trusted advisor in preventative maintenance, implementing innovative procedures, and identifying and evaluating damages. His insights are highly sought after, leading him to speak on topics related to fraud and cash management frequently. Additionally, he has authored numerous articles on fraud, cash management, safeguards, and warning signs of embezzlement and check fraud.
His extensive knowledge has not gone unnoticed, as he has been interviewed and quoted as an authority in various media outlets, including periodicals, radio, and television.
Among his accomplishments, Arlen:
- Investigated embezzlement perpetrated by two top-level financial individuals at an international company. Through analysis, review, deliberations, and negotiations, his client received restitution from the two perpetrators.
- Was engaged by a law firm to investigate embezzlement occurring from the law firm’s client trust account. As a result of his report, no further action was taken by the Illinois Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission.
- Counsel engaged Arlen to investigate the alleged fraud involving the artwork created by the counsel’s client. With his findings, counsel settled the matter in favor of his client.
- Represented a major financial institution in a matter brought forth by the plaintiff, claiming an alleged breach of contract on the part of the financial institution. Arlen submitted his findings which revealed no evidence of wrongdoing, and the matter was dismissed.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Association for Financial Professionals (AFP)
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)
- The National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- “Hidden Assets in Divorce: Are You Getting Your Share of the Whole Pie?”
- The International Academy of Family Lawyers, November 2022