Barry Sziklay is a nationally recognized valuation and litigation support leader with over 40 years of experience as a public accountant as well as within the investment banking industry. Barry was a founding and managing member of a major New York-area PCAOB-registered financial services firm serving individuals, domestic and international businesses, and their attorneys.
Barry has served as an expert witness in valuation, economic damages, forensic accounting, securities fraud (primarily financial derivatives), breach of fiduciary duties, partnership and shareholder disputes, breach of license, breach of covenant not to compete and theft of intellectual property, and accountants’ malpractice cases.
His industry experience includes, but is not limited to, oil & gas (E&P, shipping, marketing (wholesale and retail, and refining), financial services (mergers and acquisitions, underwritings, IPOs and private placements, brokerage, investment advisory, trading, product development, derivatives, back-office support services including risk management, systems design, accounting and tax reporting, hedge and private equity funds), manufacturing, wholesale, retail, healthcare and pharmaceutical including biochemical, hospitality, food services including catering and restaurants, insurance and insurance brokerage, real estate development and construction including subcontractors, etc.
An accomplished author and speaker, he has shared his knowledge and thought leadership on valuation, forensic accounting, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, income, gift, trust and estate and other financial planning matters in a variety of forums, serving on editorial boards, writing for industry publications, and contributing course materials and training programs to the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the federal judiciary, the United States Tax Court, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Teaching Faculty, Member
- Business Valuation Hall of Fame, Member
- Business Valuation Committee, Former Member
- National Accreditation Commission, Former Member
- Accredited in Business Valuation Task Force, Former Chairman
- Certified in Financial Forensics Committee, Member
- Body of Knowledge Subcommittee, Member
- CFF Exam Task Force, Chairman
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- New Jersey State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- Board of Trustees, Former Member
- Litigation & Valuation Resources Group, Valuation Services Interest Group, and Matrimonial Accounting Interest Group, Member
- Litigation Services Committee, Former Chairman
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Stockbrokerage Accounting Committee, Former Member