Beila Sherman has been in public accounting for approximately 25 years. Beila is a member of Marcum’s National Assurance Professional Practice Group with a focus on the nonprofit and social sector as well as government practices. She conducts financial statement, single audit and other compliance engagement quality reviews for local governments, healthcare organizations as well as other nonprofit engagements.
Beila oversees the development of firm guidance, internal trainings and presenting on relevant technical topics in the nonprofit, governmental and compliance areas.
Beila provides guidance to clients ranging from complex accounting issues to general business and accounting developments. She has significant experience in the evaluation of internal controls.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants – CIRA Section
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CPA)
- South Florida Government Finance Officers Association, Associate Member (SFGFOA)
- Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties Leagues of Cities
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Internal CPE Training, Instructor
- “Governmental Accounting (GASB) and Government Auditing Standards”, Internal Training
- “Federal and Florida Single Audits Acts”, Internal Training
- Florida School of Government Finance Instructor
- FGFOA Presenter
- FASD Presenter