Beila Sherman has more than 20 years of experience providing accounting, auditing and advisory services for a wide range of entities. As a Director in the Firm's Assurance division, her primary responsibilities include on-site supervision and review of audit engagements to ensure they are prepared in accordance with professional and Firm standards.
Ms. Sherman provides guidance to clients ranging from complex accounting issues to general business and accounting developments. She has significant experience in the evaluation of internal controls.
In addition, Ms. Sherman develops in-house training seminars for the Firm's professional staff as well as continuing education courses for various outside organizations, on current accounting and auditing matters. She is actively involved in the division's professional development activities.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants – CIRA Section
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CPA)
- South Florida Government Finance Officers Association, Associate Member (SFGFOA)
- Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties Leagues of Cities
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Internal CPE Training, Instructor
- “Governmental Accounting (GASB) and Government Auditing Standards”, Internal Training
- “Federal and Florida Single Audits Acts”, Internal Training
- Florida School of Government Finance Instructor
- FGFOA Presenter
- FASD Presenter