Dr. David Friend is Marcum’s healthcare practice leader for the Midwest region and chairs the Firm’s National Healthcare Thought Leadership Committee.
For more than 30 years, Dr. Friend has provided strategic, management, clinical, tactical and financial acumen across a wide range of healthcare enterprises. He has served as a C-suite executive, chief medical officer, chief strategy officer, board director and advisor for a variety of Fortune 500 companies, health systems, academic medical centers, physician groups, insurance companies, life sciences, private equity, technology and post-acute care organizations.
His leadership roles have included:
- CEO of Senior Care, the largest post-acute care provider in Texas
- Chief clinical officer of Golden Living, ranked #1 post-acute care by US News & World Report
- President and chief medical officer of Aseracare Hospice and Home Health
- Global health care partner and board member at Willis Towers Watson
- Managing director in healthcare at Alvarez & Marsal
- Advisor on over $1 billion in health care real estate transactions
- Visiting scientist in digital health at Mass General Brigham Hospital
- President and chief medical officer of Aseracare, the fourth largest hospice and home health provider in the U.S.
- External Advisory Board of the Leonard Davis Institute of Health Policy at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics at the University of Pennsylvania, External Advisory Board Member
- University of Connecticut School of Medicine and John Dempsey Teaching Hospital, Founding Board Member
- Fallon Health, Former Board Member