Partner-in-Charge, Tax Services - Uniondale
Tax & Business
David McKelvey is a tax and business consulting partner at Marcum. He formerly served as Tax partner-in-charge of Friedman LLP’s Long Island office at Friedman and was a member of the Firm’s Executive Tax Committee.
Over the past 25 years, David has worked with closely held consumer products companies, manufacturers, and some of the largest real estate owners and contractors in the country.
David works with companies in numerous sectors, specializing in tax issues related to the apparel, consumer products, real estate, and construction industries. He applies his knowledge and insight to meet the needs of clients, their banks, and other credit grantors, including sureties and factors. David cuts to the essence of complex matters and devises practical and effective solutions.
David is an experienced writer and speaker, addressing a wide range of topics for real estate and construction professionals, including income taxes, sales taxes, multi-state planning, capital gain planning, ESOPs, insurance captives and tax planning. He has been a featured speaker at the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ Annual Construction Conference.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Construction Financial Management Association, Tax and Legislative Affairs Committee, Past Member
- New York Construction Magazine, Contributing Writer
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Long Island Community Foundation, Member of the Professional Advisory Committee
- Tomorrow’s Hope Foundation, Former Member of the Board of Regents
- American Heart Association (Long Island), Former Co-Chairman of the Annual Golf Outing
- Real Estate Institute at Stony Brook University, College of Business, Board Member