David A. Oksenhorn is a senior manager in the Accounting Services department of the Firm’s Long Island office. He is also an active member of the Firm’s Food & Beverage Services Group. For more than 15 years he has advised clients in manufacturing, professional services, and other various industries. Mr. Oksenhorn primarily works with closely-held businesses with financial statement reporting, tax compliance and planning, and business consulting.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2006, Mr. Oksenhorn was with two local accounting firms where he serviced clients in various industries and learned the fundamentals of tax and accounting which he has built upon since joining the Firm.
Mr. Oksenhorn continues to stay active in the business community, co-chairing the Cooperation with Attorneys Committee of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA), where he previously led its NextGen Committee. He’s also active with the New York State Brewers Association, the Risk Management Association (RMA), and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
His dedication to his community culminated with his inclusion among the Top 40 under 40 Business Leaders of Long Island and a Millennial of the Decade, both by Long Island Business News.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Suffolk Chapter Cooperation with Attorneys, Co-Chair
- Suffolk Chapter Next Gen Committee, Past Co-Chair
- New York State Brewers Association
- Brewers Association
- Risk Management Association (RMA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- The Use of Technology with Data & Analysis, Marcum Food & Beverage Advisor article, 2020
- NYS Brewers Association
- Article, In the Land of Acronyms, R&D Is King for Breweries, 2021
- Presentation, Brewery Accounting 101, 2021
- Article, Brewery PPP and Employee Retention Credit, 2021
- Article, DTC and Associated Sales and Income Tax Issues, 2020
- Article & Presentation, Common Pitfalls Breweries Can Avoid, 2019
- Article, Craft Beverage Modernization & Tax Reform Act, 2019
- Presentation, Craft Brewery Tax Credits & Incentives, 2018