Dawn Meekeris a director in the Firm’s Financial Accounting and Advisory Services (FAAS) practice. She has more than 31 years of experience in both public and private accounting. She earned a Bachelor’s of Science, in Accounting from the University of New Haven, and is a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the state of Connecticut. Dawn advises clients on construction accounting software system implementations; and manages onboarding and training of all staff on these systems.
She has a significant depth of knowledge within the construction industry due to her 20 years of experience serving as the Controller and Vice President with various companies in the drywall, electrical and mechanical construction trade industries. She oversaw all bonding processes, including all financial and banking operations. Dawn has also previously held Interim Controller roles for many of her clients, where she provides daily accounting and financial operational support (from recording monthly transactions to budgeting, forecasting, and cash management) and comprehensive oversight including identifying opportunities, and mitigation of financial risk throughout each phase of the growth process. Dawn is an active member of the community and industry.
She currently serves as the Chair of the Finance Committee for the Boys and Girls Club of New Haven, CT, where her values closely align with the mission of the organization. She is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA).
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Boys and Girls Club of New Haven, First Vice President, 2020
- Boys and Girls Club of New Haven, Finance Committee Chair, 2020
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- St Vincent de Paul School, Former Board Member, Former Chairperson
- Boy Scouts Troop 408, Former Board Member
- National Association of Women in Construction, Member
- Professional Women in Construction, Secretary, 2020
- Professional Women in Construction, Awards Committee Member
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Benefits to Outsourcing Your Construction Accounting Functions & Technology, CMC Workforce Blog, July 2020
- Selecting Construction Management and Accounting Software – What Contractors Should Know, co-author, Construction Executive, June 2020