Office Managing Partner
Tax & BusinessAlternative Investments, Technology, Nonprofit & Social Sector
Douglas Farrington is the Firm’s office managing partner in Boston, Massachusetts and the partner-in-charge of the Massachusetts Tax Department. He is also a member of the Firm’s national Not-for-Profit, Alternative Investment, Construction, and Healthcare industry groups, as well as the State and Local Tax Practice group. Mr. Farrington has more than 30 years of experience providing insight and solving problems for a range of clients across industries, including financial services, construction, professional services, manufacturing, healthcare, not-for-profit, and hospitality. He has extensive experience working with public companies for federal and state income tax compliance requirements and financial reporting related to income taxes, including FAS 109 and FIN 48 analyses.
Mr. Farrington regularly consults with public and non-public companies on a variety of federal, state, and local planning matters. He advises professional staff on technical tax matters.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- The Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CSCPA)
- Catholic Charities of Boston, Board of Trustees
- The Marino Foundation for Integrative Medicine, Board Member
- Links to College Foundation, Inc., President
- Notre Dame Academy, Advancement Committee
- Graduate School of Professional Accountancy, Northeastern University, Advisory Board
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- New Rules Bring the Importance of Planning to the Forefront, Journal of Construction Accounting and Taxation, September/October 2011
- Taxation of Long-Term Contracts, CSCPA Construction Conference