Tax & Business
Eric A. Purvis is a Tax & Business Services partner in the Firm’s Portland, Maine, office. Mr. Purvis joined Marcum LLP in 2019 via the merger of Dawson, Smith, Purvis & Bassett, P.A. (DSPB) into Marcum’s New England Region. Mr. Purvis specializes in business valuation and litigation support services, as well as providing accounting and tax planning and compliance services to clients in various industries. Mr. Purvis has been retained as an expert in numerous litigation matters including business valuations, lost profits assessments, forensic accounting and employee embezzlement, and other complex financial matters.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Maine Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Thornton Academy Board of Trustees – president
- Saco & Biddeford Savings Institution – board of directors