About Guler Ann
Guler Ann Wiefling is a Forensic and Litigation Services principal in the Firm’s Houston, Texas, office. With more than 20 years’ experience in working in both industry and consulting, she brings a distinctive perspective to serving her clients.
Ms. Wiefling focuses on conducting contract compliance, fraud, ethics, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) investigations, regulatory compliance, corporate compliance and litigation support. Her extensive operational and financial experience includes conducting third party contract and compliance, and royalty/license audits domestically and internationally; identifying financial misreporting; evaluating internal controls; and conducting comprehensive analysis of business partners’ operations with a focus on improving cost competitiveness and revenues.
Ms. Wiefling has held a wide range of audit and global investigation and compliance positions, giving her significant involvement investigating and auditing financial and regulatory compliance issues for both private and publicly held companies. Ms. Wiefling has also provided a wide range of financial and economic consulting and forensic accounting services to attorneys in matters involving fraud investigations, partnership disputes, and lost profits analyses.
She has led a variety of projects in the areas of corporate investigations, compliance, and litigation. Her client and project work has involved high-profile investigations and remediation of bribery and corruption issues including FCPA/ABAC matters, False Claims Act violations, white collar crime investigations, contract and regulatory compliance matters, and advising corporate management and boards as to risk assessment and proactive solutions. She also has served as an independent monitor on behalf of government agencies.
Ms. Wiefling is fluent in both English and Turkish.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Women’s White Collar Defense Association (WWCDA)
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- “FCPA Enforcements & Trends, Key Speaker, 32nd Annual Texas Energy Counsel Symposium, September 2020
- “Fraud & Corruption”, Key Speaker, Dallas Internal Audit Association, August 2020
- “FCPA Trends and Conducting Investigations”, Key Speaker, Dallas Internal Audit Association, October 2019
- “Accountants Role Conducting Investigations” Key Speaker, Women White Collar Crime Houston Chapter, January 2019
- “Construction Fraud at Public Sector”, Key Speaker, Public Sector Seminar, October 2019
- “Interviewing Techniques”, Key Speaker, Institute of Management Accountancy, April 2019
- “Fraud Schemes and Preventative Controls”, Key Presenter, Public Sector CPE Event, February 2019
- Fraud Training, Key Presenter, ACPEN Accounting & Auditing Update Live Webcast, October 2018
- “Fraud Considerations.” Key Speaker, Institute of Management Accountancy, March 2017
- “Critical Organizational Threats Facing General Counsel.” Panelist, Texas Lawyer In-House Summit, November 2015
- “Internal Audit & Investigations.” Key Speaker, Institute of Internal Auditors San Antonio Chapter, July 2014
- “Monitoring Your Contracts with Third Parties.” Key Speaker, Institute of Internal Auditors Oklahoma Chapter, May 2014
- “FCPA and its Implication to Organizations.” Key Speaker, Anti-Grey Market Alliance, April 2014
- “Regulatory Compliance and Third Party Relationships.” Key Speaker, Anti-Grey Market Alliance, January 2014
- “A Proactive Approach to Third-Party Compliance.” Corporate Governance White Paper, 2014 (contributing author)