Harris L. Devor, an advisory partner at Marcum, is nationally recognized as both an auditor and forensic/litigation support practitioner who has provided expert testimony in the U.S. and internationally. He has 50 years of experience applying generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS), and SEC requirements, as well as providing accounting and auditing services to businesses of all sizes in a multitude of industries.
Leveraging his deep experience, Harris has testified on behalf of clients involved in the complexities of litigating SEC reporting, accounting, auditing, and securities fraud matters, as well as cases involving commercial disputes, damages, and lost profits, among other matters. He has been called on by the U.S. Department of Justice, various state Attorneys General, and the SEC, among others, to be the lead accounting and auditing expert on numerous high-profile cases.
His forte is distilling complex and difficult SEC, accounting, and auditing concepts into clear and concise terms for courts and juries. Harris has served as the sole testifying accounting and auditing authority in some of the largest, most renowned securities fraud cases of the last 40 years. He has taught and lectured on many topics, ranging from securities law violations to accounting and auditing related subjects, including statistical sampling.
He has also practiced for his entire career as an audit partner, leading audit engagements for a variety of clients in a multitude of industries.
Harris joined Marcum in 2022 with the merger of Friedman LLP into the Firm.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Member/Former Member of:
- Ethics Committee
- Executive Committee, Greater Philadelphia Chapter
- Members’ Consultation Committee
- Cooperation with the Bar Committee
- Insolvency and Reorganization Committee
- Forensic and Litigation Services Committee
- Member/Former Member of:
- Temple University accounting activities
- Gershman YM/YWHA, President
- Jewish Community Centers of Greater Philadelphia, Board of Directors
- Auerbach Central Agency for Jewish Education, Board of Directors
- Executive Committee, Temple Beth Zion-Beth Israel, Treasurer
- Senior Law Center, Board of Directors
- Greater Philadelphia AIPAC Leadership Council, Chairman, as well as National Council Member
- Federation of Jewish Agencies, Board of Trustees
- Jewish National Fund, Board of Directors
- Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia, Board of Directors
- Pennsylvania Innocence Project, Board of Directors