Tax & Business
Herbert Kalman is a senior advisor in the Tax & Business Services group of the Firm’s Houston, Texas office. He specializes in audit and tax clients, business valuations, litigation support, and client profitability consultations.
Mr. Kalman joined Marcum in 2018 as the result of a merger with his predecessor firm, GBH CPAs, PC, where he was a shareholder and managing director. Previously, he managed his own firm, which subsequently combined with GBH. His deep experience includes serving as CFO at a Nasdaq-listed development-stage healthcare company and at a specialty refrigeration equipment manufacturer. He has also served as an audit partner at two “Big Four” accounting firms. He began his career in accounting working in the public sector.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TXCPA) – Houston Chapter
- ESOP Association
- Mergers and Acquisitions Forum
Accreditations & Designations
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified in Financial Forensics