Partner-in-Charge, Advisory Services
Ilan Hirschfeld is the partner-in-charge of the New Jersey Advisory Services group and specializes in marital dissolution services. He has more than 35 years experience in both public and private accounting. As a key member of the Firm’s Forensics Practice group, Mr. Hirschfeld provides creative litigation support strategies for trial and/or settlements throughout New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. He focuses on commercial litigation and matrimonial matters, as well as other business litigation and valuation-related assignments.
A recognized industry professional, Mr. Hirschfeld frequently lectures on topics concerning litigation support accounting, business valuations, and matrimonial accounting. He participates on numerous industry conference panels, teaches continuing legal education courses, and recently was Adjunct Professor of Accounting at William Paterson University’s Graduate School of Business. Mr. Hirschfeld has served as a mediator in both matrimonial and commercial litigation matters. Additionally, he is often court appointed on many cases and called upon for expert testimony for litigation matters.
Mr. Hirschfeld joined the Firm’s forerunner in 2003. Previously, he was the executive vice president for a national cosmetic surgery and dermatology practice and was the chief operating officer and chief financial officer of a publicly-traded vitamin manufacturing company.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA)
- Business Valuation Committee, Past Chairman
- Valuation Services Interest Group, Past Chairman
- Matrimonial Committee
- Litigation Support Services Committee
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA), Business Valuation Committee
- Girl Scouts of Northern New Jersey, Board Member
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- CLE Seminar: Divorce After 50: Shades Of Gray, Panelist: Cash Flow Projection Assumptions – October 6, 2021 Zoom Video Seminar
- Panelist: Understanding Complex Valuation Topics – August 10, 2021, Zoom Video Seminar
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section: The Other Side of The Coin
- Panelist: Financial Issues in a Post Covid World – June 23, 2020, Webinar
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section: Taking Care of Business – Valuing And Protecting Business Interests, Panelist: Taking Care of Business – Business Valuations – April 30, 2020, Webinar
- ICLE’S 2019 New Jersey Family Law Summer Institute Symposium, Panelist: Financial Aspects of Divorce – July 24, 2019, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Featured Article – New Jersey Law Journal “Cryptocurrency – The Hidden Risks” – January 22, 2018
- Featured In Reuters “Special Report in Oil Baron’s Divorce Company Lawyer Plays Star Role ” – November 10, 2014
- Featured in The New York Times “From A Prominent Divorce in The Affluent Class, Lessons For All” – August 10, 2013