Tax & Business
Ira M. Kantor is partner-in-charge of the Accounting & Business Services department in the Firm’s Melville office, and a leader in its national construction industry group. He advises clients with financial statement preparation, tax compliance, tax planning, budgeting and forecasting, and business consulting.
Mr. Kantor is proficient in Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARS) and helps develop curriculum for the national Accounting and Business Services Department on an annual basis.
With more than 20 years of experience, Mr. Kantor has extensive experience serving clients in a variety of industries, with a niche working with closely-held businesses in the construction industry. He frequently speaks and is asked to write articles for industry organizations on topics related to accounting and auditing matters in the construction industry.
He is quite active in the construction business community, with leadership positions at the Construction Financial Management Association, Contractors for Kids, Real Estate Institute at Stony Brook University, and at the Institute of Management Accountants, among other community endeavors.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Real Estate and Construction Committee, Suffolk Chapter, Former Chairperson
Articles & Presentations
- W/MBE & DBE Rules and Certifications presentation, 2021
- Revenue Recognition presentation – Construction Financial Management Assn, 2019
- Lease Standards presentation – Construction Financial Management Assn, 2019
- Now is the Time for Contractors to Prepare for the New Lease Standards, Construction Executive Magazine, 2018
- Fundamentals of Construction Accounting
- The Accountants Role as a Business Advisor, 2015