Tax & BusinessConstruction
Ira Kantor is a director in the Firm’s Accounting Services department, and serves as the Firm’s Long Island Regional Leader for its National Construction Industry group. He assists his clients with financial statement preparation, tax compliance and planning, budgeting and forecasting, and business consulting.
Mr. Kantor has extensive experience serving clients in a variety of industries, with a niche working with closely-held businesses in the construction industry, including several large general contractors and specialty sub-contractors.
With more than 20 years of experience, Mr. Kantor was one of a select few who participated in Marcum’s Emerging Leadership Program, a top-level training program. He frequently speaks at industry organizations on topics related to accounting and auditing matters in the construction industry.
He is quite active in the construction business community, with leadership positions at the Construction Financial Management Association, Contractors for Kids, Real Estate Institute at Stony Brook University, and at the Institute of Management Accountants, among other community endeavors.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Real Estate and Construction Committee, Suffolk Chapter, Former Chairperson
- LEA/Leading Edge Alliance, Real Estate and Construction Special Interest Group
- Construction Financial Management Association, Long Island Chapter, Board of Directors
- Contractors for Kids, Advisory Board Member
- Real Estate Institute at Stony Brook University, Board Member
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), Long Island, Board Member
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- New Revenue Recognition presentation – Construction Financial Management Assn
- New Lease Standards presentation – Construction Financial Management Assn
- Now is the Time for Contractors to Prepare for the New Lease Standards, Construction Executive Magazine
- Fundamentals of Construction Accounting
- The Accountants Role as a Business Advisor