Tax & BusinessOil & Gas
James Hruzek is a partner in the Firm’s Tax & Business Services group of the Firm’s Houston, Texas office. He has more than 30 years of experience, specializing in federal, state and international income taxation; estate planning and taxation; and accounting services to individuals, partnerships, and corporations engaged in a variety of industries, including oil and gas operations and real estate.
Mr. Hruzek joined Marcum in 2018 as the result of a merger with his predecessor firm, GBH CPAs, PC, where he was a shareholder. He began his career with a “Big Four” accounting firm and later joined a regional firm, eventually taking over to lead the management of the practice.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSCPA) -Houston Chapter
- Rotary Club of River Oaks, Past President
- Houston Business and Estate Planning Council
- Houston Business Resource Group
- Houston Wednesday Tax Forum
- Ducks Unlimited
Seminars & Presentations
- The Tax Cut and Jobs Act: Update and Effect on Mergers and Acquisitions, Houston Merger and Acquisition Forum, September 2018
- Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program, Houston Wednesday Tax Forum, July 2018
- Roundtable on Houston Financial Forecast, Women’s Council of Realtors, Feb 2017
- Employee Voluntary Classification Settlement Program, Houston Wednesday Tax Forum, April 2014