Tax & BusinessConstruction
Jim Lundy is a partner in the Tax & Business Services division and a member of Marcum’s national Construction Industry Practice group. With more than 30 years of experience in both public and private practice, Mr. Lundy is one of the most respected tax consultants in the construction industry. He works regularly with more than 350 construction entities to provide a wide range of tax services. Services include performing tax physicals to provide a full overview of a construction company’s tax compliance and planning opportunities, establishing continuity and succession plans for contractors, dealing with federal and state authorities regarding tax issues important to contractors and leading in the timely completion of tax reporting required for the construction industry.
Mr. Lundy is an accomplished speaker and the author of many articles published on construction tax-related issues. The Tennessee Society of CPAs has honored him as Speaker of the Year more than 10 times; the Alabama Society of CPAs has presented him with their Thomas A. Ratcliff Outstanding Discussion Leader Award; and he has been the highest-rated speaker at both the American Institute of CPAs’ National Construction Industry Conference and the AICPA National Tax Conference.
He is often sought out to provide in-house training to other CPA firms and organizations interested in obtaining the most up-to-date and practical applications of the tax rules and regulations pertaining to the construction industry. He has also testified before the Tennessee Tax Commission regarding the taxation of multi-state contractors.
Mr. Lundy is a past chair of the TSCPA Construction Committee and is former chairman of the AICPA National Construction Committee. He helped direct the very successful initial statewide construction conference and has been active in other committees, including the Continuing Education Committee, the Accounting Careers Committee, the Tennessee Road Builders Investment Committee and the Board of Directors of the Middle Tennessee Associated Builders and Contractors.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), former chair, National Construction Committee
- Middle Tennessee Associated Builders and Contractors, Board of Directors
- Richland Country Club Finance Committee
- Tennessee Road Builders Investment Committee
- Tennessee Society of CPAs, former chair, Construction Committee
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
Highly sought after industry speaker regularly presenting at state and national trade groups.
Frequent topics include:
- State Tax Laws for Construction Contractors
- Continuity and Succession Planning for Contractors
- Most Commonly Missed Construction Taxation Strategies
- Pre Year End Tax Planning Strategies For Contractors – What You Need to Know About Tax Laws and Updates
Career speaking highlights include:
- Top 10 Things Contractors Need to Know About The Now Tax Law
- Top 10 Things The Real Estate Industry Needs to Know About The Now Tax Law
- AGC/CFMA Construction Financial Management Conference
- AICPA Construction and Real Estate Conference
- AICPA National Tax Conference
- CFMA Annual Convention
- FICPA/OSCPA/ISCPA/NYSCPA Construction Conferences
- Foundation Software User Conference
- Viewpoint User Conference